Monday, November 03, 2008

Re-Shirt, used T-Shirts with a History...

I was planning to post some trends today but then a friend sent me this last night and I thought you might want to check it out too. Re-Shirt is a simple concept,
re-search
every Re-Shirt tells a unique story about its owner:
e.g. career step, a journey, an unforgettable concert. we collect those shirts with a story and give them a new life with a registered Re-Shirt label.
re-use
if you become a Re-Shirt user, type in your shirt code and keep on writing the story. the longer your shirt is in use the more it helps to keep existing cotton resources in circulation.
re-think
10,000 liters of water are needed to produce a new cotton shirt. Re-Shirts save resources in a completely new way. every Re-Shirt story makes a difference.

I visited their site and found T-shirts from around the world, each with a story from the user, and each priced at 25 Euros. (You can purchase on-line from anywhere in the world with a paypal account) Below is an example of just one of the shirt stories:

This T-shirt is from the legendary xxx parties. You got a phone number you had to call and then you got the info where the party would take place the same night. In 1991 I moved to Vienna and I heard about this parties. I had to be there. Today I am married with one of the organizers of the xxx events and this T-shirt is the souvenier I keep for all those years.
men/large/white
shirt story provided by Bea, Austria

More trends tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment