Thursday, October 30, 2008

new york, new york!

Just back in PDX from a sweet, week long trip to NYC, where it's more obvious than ever that the economy is suffering, but still there is shopping to be done and people on the streets doing what they do best. Thought I'd start out with this teaser so that I'm committed to the rest of the details sooner rather than later.

It's no secret that the late 70's and mid-late 80's are a key influence for trends out there right now, but I don't think it has reached it's peak just yet. In Saks there was just one rack of neon bright jeans, but lots of other influences that are so 80's!

Another thing that reminded me of this was this neighborhood showing of ghostbusters in a park in the Hell's Kitchen area of the city that I went to with my friend who lives in the city.

While watching this for the first time in it's entirety, I was reminded of how much time has gone by since this was filmed, the fact that both of the other times I went to see it were at drive-in theaters, and the classic gentleman's look that is often seen on Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray in this film are another one of the key trends out there in the market right now.

One of my client's is Filson, and I can't tell you how many times I saw their bags in some of the hippest boutiques, a guy at Jean Shop in Soho told me that were excited about a new collection from Filson that includes wool bags too.

Stay tuned over the next few days for news from Paragon, the Burton Store, Williamsburg, and the streets of Soho. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment