Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Inspiration, Vintage Camping Trailers and Caravans


My first memories of camping started in this Prowler trailer, I remember how excited I was each time we made a journey down the road with my dad's Jeep Landcruiser charging the way.  I remember the smell of the wood paneling inside, and waking to the smell of my dad percolating coffee on the stove in the morning.  I remember the kind of camping that was simple, without TV's and dishwashers, generators, and air conditioners, with simple scenes like the one below taken near Jenny Lake in Wyoming.  



I am very inspired by trailers and caravans from days gone by, so I thought it was fitting to share some with you that I have recently found.  If you too are inspired by vintage caravans then I would also encourage you to visit the Belgian Oldtimer Caravan Club where you'll find a treasure trove of vintage material.

Leave it to German ingenuity to have come up with this Chateau Mobile by Brüderchen


                 
Westfalia


Shasta-Exterior

Shasta-Interior

KIP Krielkip - 1965

Volkswagen Dormobile - 1971

Mostard Yvonne 304 HD - 1965

I have a particular love of red, navy, creamy colors, and khaki like colors right now too, making the colors of these trailers as inspirational as the trailers themselves.

Sprite Cadet - 1969  (sweeet!)


QEK Junior - 1965 and spec sheet below



Otten Speurder LS - 1968

I just love that little guy in the above photo, great colors, style lines, inspirational for pack and bag design too!  Happy trails, hope you are finding time to get outside this summer, and maybe even some time to camp too.







4 comments:

  1. Ooo, I just cringed a little! LOL It's a Toyota Landcruiser :) We collect vintage trailers and vintage Landcruisers, so LOVE the picture!!! Fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good resource for everybody that wants to read a good blog.Your blog was absolutely fantastic! Great deal of great information and this can be useful some or maybe the other way. Keep updating your blog, anticipating to get more detailed contents.

    Caravan for hire || Brisbane caravan hire || Long term caravan hire

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the Otten with the raised roof. This model is really interesting. The Sprite cadet is also cute. thank you for this gallery.
    Alain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really amazing and informative post, thanks for sharing.
    camper Hire brisbane

    ReplyDelete