Tuesday, July 20, 2010

An Excuse for New Gear



We spent this past weekend at Eight Mile Crossing up on Mt. Hood, the views are bountiful, the camping is amazing, and this area has some of the best mountain biking you'll find.  I realized just before skipping town that my most favorite biking shorts were nowhere to be found so it gave me an excellent excuse to head over to Bike Gallery to see if I could find something to replace them.  I found a pair of sweet Townie Bike Shorts from Fox that I couldn't resist.  The fixed waist fit amazingly well (I was skeptical of this) during my entire single track ride they stayed in place without me feeling like my drawers were drooping.  Serious love for the yarn dye pattern, thanks for something that looks more fun and less like another pair of black riding shorts.  So what if they get bike grease on them, it only gives them more character.  I also liked that the inner chamois short was separate because these shorts actually look good and fit well when worn alone without the diaper look of the chamois underneath (added bonus for sure)  Looking forward to giving them many rides and seeing how they hold up over time.
I couldn't think of a jersey in my closet that was going to be the perfect match up to these new shorts so I was delighted to find the Dakine Antic Short Sleeve to pair with my shorts.  This picture doesn't do it justice by the slight gathering at the chest area and the subtle graphics are a nice touch, and I appreciated the use of Aegis anti-microbial finish to cut down on the stink factor too.

 
Perfect gear for a great ride on the 8 mile loop conveniently located 2 minutes from our camp.  If you check out this ride try riding it backwards, or according to the sign the "easier" route.  I've done it both ways, and much prefer the both the climbing and the downhill when rode according to the "easier" route.  Otherwise you climb up for 900' in very low gears for about an hour straight, that part was a lot more fun to come down.

No comments:

Post a Comment