Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Globe-Trotter, hand made luggage


I'm working on a new hat and bag project, and in my research I came across Globe-Trotter, and even though I can't fathom how much these babies must cost, they surely are a work of art, offering visual stimulation for sure. Keep your hands on your desk and take a look.




The one above is my fave, I'm not the girl to pick an outfit to go with my luggage, but these pieces conjure up images in my head of a girl in a crisp cotton dress, with a white linen dude hat, vintage shoes, and some sweet shades, waiting patiently at a tiny train station in Italia, all the while catching the eye of every guy near her. You know those stations right, tiny boardwalk surrounding the old station, cute flowers outside, and an old sign hanging from above denoting the station name. Usually there is a cigarette machine somewhere in the vicinity and a couple of sturdy wooden benches that could tell a million stories if they could talk. Who knew luggage could conjure up such thoughts?!?!



Ciao Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment